Have you ever been to a Pirates game inside PNC Park, watched the 5th inning "Great Pierogy Race" and thought, "hey...I can do that". Well, now is your chance because the Pirates are hiring!
According to the job posting, the primary requirements include:
- Running in the Great Pierogy Race during every Pirates home game.
- Responsible for the Chick-fil-A Cow appearances during Pirates home games.
- Responsible for participating in suite holder visits following the first pitch of every game.
- Responsible for appearances at PNC Park gates before Sunday games and assisting with Kids Run the Bases following Sunday games.
- Participate in special appearances at PNC Park and around the community.
- Willing to learn the Bucco Brigade duties and fill in when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Game Presentation Department.
And a few of the position requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to run/sprint 280 yards in 40 seconds or less while wearing mascot suit. You will be required to come in and do a timed trial run prior to hiring.