Russell Brand is facing allegations of rape, sexual assault, and emotional abuse, according to a new report from “The Sunday Times.” A joint investigation from “The Sunday Times” and the UK’s Channel 4 reportedly uncovered stories from five women who allege serious claims of sexual abuse from 2006 to 2013.
One of the women coming forward alleges that the comedian assaulted her when she was 16, while he was 30 years old at the time. Brand denied the allegations, releasing a video ahead of the actual publication.
Brand says that any relationships he was in were “always consensual, and called the allegations a “coordinated media attack.” Meanwhile, Brand’s lawyer reportedly shared they’re “not in a position” to comment at this time, and his agent has dropped him.
Some additional details on the allegations against Brand:
- One woman alleges Brand raped her in his Los Angeles home with a condom. She further alleges that Brand tried to stop her from leaving, but she was able to leave and go to a rape crisis center the same day. The Sunday Times says they confirmed this with medical records
- Another woman says Brand sexually assaulted her in Los Angeles, and when she repeatedly told him to get off her he got “super angry” and threatened legal action is she told anyone about the incident
- A third woman says that Brand raped her when she was 16
- A fourth woman shares she was sexually assaulted, as well as physically and emotionally abused, by Brand in the UK
- A 24-year-old runner shares that Brand flashed her when she went into his dressing room
- A female comedian alleged that Brand would bite her face whenever he saw her
Source: The Sunday Times
Photo courtesy of Getty Images