With most of the country dealing with the bitter cold and snow, it’s safe to assume a lot of people have been daydreaming about a day at the beach. Well, apparently beaches have been on TripAdvisor’s mind too because they just released their Travelers’ Choice Awards for the Best Beaches in the U.S. and the world, and all we can say is get ready to start packing those bags.
Topping the list for America’s best may surprise you. While your mind may immediately go to Hawaii, number one is actually Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Florida, which boasts two and a half miles of powdery sand and calm, shallow water. In fact, six of the top ten beaches are in Florida, with three in Hawaii and one in California.
As for internationally, the best beach award went to Grace Bay in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, which is known for its unbelievably clear, clean water.
TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Top Ten Beaches in the U.S.
- Clearwater Beach - Clearwater, Florida
- Lanikai Beach – Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
- Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
- Saint Pete Beach – Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Wai'anapanapa State Park – Hana, Maui, Hawaii
- Ka'anapali Beach – Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Pensacola Beach – Pensacola Beach, Florida
- La Jolla Shores – La Jolla, California
- Saint Augustine Beach – Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
- Beach at Panama City – Panama City Beach, Florida
TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Top Ten Beaches in the World
- Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Playa Paraiso – Cayo Largo, Cuba
- Anse Lazio – Praslin Island, Seychelles
- Cayo de Agua – Los Roques National Park, Venezuela
- Flamenco Beach – Culebra, Puerto Rico
- Playa de Ses Illetes – Formentera, Spain
- Ngapali Beach – Ngapali, Myanmar
- West Bay Beach – Bay Islands, Honduras
- Nacpan Beach – El Nido, Philippines
Source: Yahoo Finance