This afternoon, Governor Wolf announced that effective immediately, Face Coverings are required if you are:
- Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not a member of your household.
- In any indoor location where members of the public are generally permitted.
- Waiting for, riding on, driving, or operating public transportation or while in a taxi, private car service or ride-sharing service.
- Obtaining services from the healthcare sector in settings including, but not limited to, a hospital, pharmacy, medical clinic, laboratory, physician or dental office, veterinary clinic or blood bank.
- Engaged in work, whether at the workplace or performing work off-site, when interacting in-person with any member of the public, working in any space visited by members of the public, working in any space where food is prepared or packaged for sale or distribution to others, working in or walking through common areas, or in any room or enclosed area where other people, expect for members of the person’s own household or residence, are present when unable to physically distance.
Per the order, Here are the exceptions to the face mask requirement:
- Individuals who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition, including those with respitory issues that impede breathing, mental health condition or disability.
- Individuals for whom wearing a mask while working would create an unsafe condition in which to operate equipment or execute a task as determined by local, state or federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines
- Individuals who would be unable to remove a mask without assistance
- Individuals who are under two years of age
- Individuals who are communicating or seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired or has another disability, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
The order says individuals are not required to show documentation that an exception replies.