Memorial Day weekend usually means unofficial start of summer, which in most years meant the beginning of vacation season. Of course, plenty of folks won’t be going anywhere this summer, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t things to do in their own city.
A staycation may be just the thing to help Americans enjoy their summer. Of course, some cities have way more to offer when it comes to staycations, and a new report reveals which ones are best.
- WalletHub just came out with their list of the Best and Worst Places for a Staycation.
- They looked at 180 cities based on 15 key factors for a fun-filled, but wallet-friendly vacation.
- Those factors include parks per capita, hiking and running trails per capita, strictness of shelter-in-place orders and more.
- With all that in mind, Plano, Texas tops the list scoring a 66.82 and coming in second for rest and relaxation.
- Lincoln, Nebraska, which lands fifth overall, is tops for recreation, while Scottsdale, Arizona, seventh overall, is number one for rest and relaxation.
Top Ten Best Places For a Staycation
- Plano, TX
- Boise, ID
- Tampa, FL
- Charleston, SC
- Lincoln, NE
- Fort Smith, AZ
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Grand Prairie, TX
- Austin, TX
- Orlando, FL
- On the flipside, the worst place for a staycation is Pearl City, Hawaii, which scores a 22.11,and lands dead last for recreation and 162ndfor rest and relaxation.
- Not surprising, California dominates the bottom half of the list, likely due to their stay-at-home orders.
Top Ten Worst Places For a Staycation
- Pearl City, HI
- Chula Vista, CA
- Warwick, RI
- Providence, RI
- Oakland, CA
- Oxnard, CA
- Freemont, CA
- Stockton, CA
- Oceanside, CA
- San Jose, CA
Click here to see where your city falls on the list.
Source:WalletHub (photo courtesy of getty images)