Dating is never easy, but it’s even harder when you can’t actually be with someone due to the self-quarantine. But that doesn’t mean you have to wait months for the self-isolation to end before you can find love, or go out on a date with someone you've were seeing before the lockdown.
Here are some ideas for dates you can have under quarantine, even if you’re not quarantining together.
- Host a virtual movie night– Thanks to Netflix Party, you and your potential mate can enjoy a movie or TV show “together,” and it even allows you to group chat while watching.
- Have a personality quiz date– What better way to get to know each other than taking a personality quiz to find out whether you’re really compatible. You can take the tests privately and then discuss the results with each other.
- Go on a QuaranDate– If you’re looking for a new love, sign up for a QuaranDate, where you’ll be matched with a compatible person via a video call hosted by a neutral third party. If it works, great, if not, you can click out of the call at any time.
- Stage a video cooking competition and home tour –Since you can cook for each other, why not cook at home but at the same time, so you can share the experience together virtually. You can even pick one food and see who comes up with the better dish. And while on that virtual call, you can add a little tour of your home for the fun of it.
- Createa date in a box– Ship your love a box full of things they’ll need for a perfect date, then buy the same things for yourself and share the experience together.
- Take it off screen– Once stay-at-home orders are lifted, plan an in-person, yet socially-distanced date to be safe. You can do things like hike, play tennis or even have a picnic while still remaining a safe six-feet apart.
Source:Travel + Leisure
Photo courtesy of Getty Images