Some states have ordered restaurants and bars to close to dine-in customers to minimize the spread of coronavirus, but there are still ways you can support your favorite local spots without being physically present. Here’s how you can help without leaving the comfort of your couch.
- Order take-out- You can still enjoy food from your favorite spots even if you can’t eat in their dining room.
- Order restaurant-made meal kits- These thoughtfully prepared packages can feed whole families and save you from having to cook another meal.
- Buy gift cards- This supports restaurants with funds now and you can dine at them later.
- Get your hands on some merch- Buy their t-shirts, tote bags, coffee mugs, and any other restaurant-themed items they sell.
- Ask how you can help- Check out their Instagram or take a minute to ask your favorite local coffee shop what you can do to support them right now.
- Give what you can- Some restaurants are taking donations to help to continue to pay their employees.
- Write positive reviews- Show your support without spending a dime by writing positive reviews on platforms like Google and Yelp to help attract more customers.
- Do your civic duty- Reach out to your elected officials at state and federal levels to tell them your concerns about causes like restaurant workers having access to unemployment without status change or small business owners getting loans to keep their doors open.
- Like, share, post, and repost- You’re already on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, so take the time to show the restaurant community you’ve got their back.
Source:Food and Wine
Photo courtesy of Getty Images