NFL: April Draft In Las Vegas Will Proceed, But Closed To Public


The NFL draft will go ON, but with a much different LOOK.

And I emphasize those two words because I mean that there won’t be any fanslooking on.

This after the league announced yesterday—and at this point to very little surprise—thatit will cancel all public events that had been scheduled in Las Vegas for the 2020 NFL draftto try to curb the rapid spread of the coronavirus, known as COVID-19. The actual draft will proceed as scheduled on April 23-25 and will be televised.

Yeah, so for 99% of NFL fans—nothing will be any different.

The NFL said it took in consideration guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as officials from Nevada and the City of Las Vegas in making this announcement.

"This decision reflects our foremost priority — the health and safety of all fans and citizens," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday in a statement. "While this outcome is disappointing both to the NFL and to the Las Vegas community, we look forward to partnering with the Raiders, the City of Las Vegas and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority for a future NFL Draft as well as evaluating opportunities for other major NFL events in Las Vegas in the future, including the Super Bowl."

The league also said it “is exploring innovative options for how the process will be conducted.”

Translation—Roger Goodell is asking everyone “how can we make back all this money they just lost?”

Source:Courier Journal

Photo courtesy of Getty Images