The #Penguins will be holding a "Pittsburgh Theme Night” at the Tuesday, January 14th game vs Minnesota. The Clarks, Pirate Parrot, Steely McBeam, AND MORE!
See the official press release below or read more on PittsburghPenguins.com.
Pens to Hold ‘Pittsburgh Theme Night’ At Tuesday’s Game vs. Minnesota
The Penguins will celebrate the uniqueness of the city by hosting our first “Pittsburgh Theme Night” at the Tuesday, January 14 game against Minnesota at PPG Paints Arena. Game time is 7 p.m.
The Clarks will play during both intermissions and perform a special post-game concert for all fans in attendance, and more than a dozen Pittsburgh mascots – including the Pirate Parrot, Steely McBeam and Kenny the Kangaroo (and, of course, Iceburgh) – will roam the concourse on game night.
There will be photo opportunities with the 8-foot “Pittsburgh Parking Chair,” part of VisitPittsburgh’s “Pull Up a Chair” campaign, and with Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, courtesy of the Heinz History Center.
Among other activities on Tuesday:
- The National Aviary will have a live animal exhibit, including a penguin and a falcon, in the Highmark Hallway of Champions.
- The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh will provide a craft station for all ages.
- Speed painter Cody Sabol will paint a picture of the Pittsburgh skyline during the first intermission behind Section 104. His artwork will be auctioned by the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation in their game-day auction at www.pens.givesmart.com.
- The foundation’s game-day auction will also be Pittsburgh-themed, featuring items from the Penguins, Pirates and Steelers.
- Aramark will offer a Pittsburgh-themed cocktail throughout the arena and Pittsburgh-themed menus in the Lexus Club.
Fans who purchase tickets here – https://fevo.me/pittsburghnight -- will receive a special edition poster featuring The Clarks.
Thumbnail courtesy of Getty Images.