Halloween is just around the corner and while some people only care about the candy, others love the idea of getting spooked, and there are plenty of haunted attractions across the country that will do just that.
So, what are the best places to get your spook on? Well, Queen of Haunts Amber Arnett-Bequeaith has come out with her choices for the top haunted attractions in the U.S. And she should know. Amber has spent 45 years in the haunt industry, thanks to her family who opened up Kansa City’s Edge of Hell in 1975.
Queen of Haunts’ Top Ten Haunted Attractions
(click here for the complete list)
- Edge of Hell,Kansas City– Although she may be partial, she notes it, “creates a mind-blowing scary experience from heaven to hell and the world's largest serpent is undeniably first-class in fright!”
- Cutting Edge,Dallas– Thanks to its acclaimed zombie drum line and scares that go above and beyond
- Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride,Philadelphia– She says it will “leave you scared out of your wits.”
- Beast,Kansas City– set in medieval times, it provides a sensory-experience that includes jumping out a second-story window.
- NETHERWORLD,Atlanta– This haunt has something for everyone to leave you scared to the bone.
- Headless Horseman,New York– A legendary haunt that's set in the very location the beheaded horseman made that fateful ride.
- Macabre Cinema, Kansas City– The haunt for everyone who loves horror movies.
- Spooky Woods,Greensboro/Highpoint– Folks won't want to miss the Sudden Death Express train ride.
- Dent Schoolhouse,Cincinnati– It mixes a horror back-story of an old schoolhouse with extraordinary haunt technology.
- Erebus,Detroit– A time machine that is disguised as a haunted house.