Yesterday was National Ice Cream Day, and if you were one of those people out to celebrate with some creamy goodness, it seems there are some cities where you have more ice cream options than others.
Infogroup just came out with their list of the Top Ice Cream Cities in the U.S., ranking cities with populations of over 500K by their concentration of ice cream-related businesses per 10,000 residents.
So, if you’re someone who doesn’t want to have to travel too far to get your ice cream it seems the Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, Ohio-Pennsylvania area tops has the most options, noting that it’s a big commuter hub, and while you’d think there would be more shops in tourist areas, apparently commuters eat more ice cream than tourists.
Top Ten Cities For Ice Cream
- Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA
- Portland-South Portland, ME
- Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, FL
- Scranton--Wilkes-Barre--Hazleton, PA
- Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Toledo, OH
- Harrisburg-Carlisle, PA
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA