We all know that some people aren’t on their best behavior when they stay at hotels, and those who work at hotels have seen it all. Well, now some of those people are spilling the beans.
Buzzfeed recently asked hotel workers to share some of the worst things they’ve seen hotel guests do, and they were more than happy to oblige.
The worst things hotel guests have done include:
- "I once walked into a bathroom covered in poop! The person had pooped in the bathtub and then proceeded to smear it across the tub, sink, tiles, and floor. I couldn't face it, so I went to clean the bedroom and found that the person had also pleasured themselves and left the evidence dripping down the mirror."
- "One day, a guy checked into the hotel I worked at and then checked out about 30 minutes later claiming he had a family emergency. So, the girl working the front desk canceled his reservation. An hour later, the housekeeper had gone into the room to double-check that it was okay to rent and found that the guy had urinated on every flat surface in the room, including the vanity, nightstands, desk, and TV."
- "A guest once backed her car into the hotel and damaged an entire bathroom. Then, she drove off as if nothing had happened. Luckily, we had cameras and saw her do it. She came back and claimed that she 'would have known' if she had hit the wall. It took weeks to repair the damage!"
- "Once, there was a hockey tournament in town and the entire hotel was overrun with unsupervised kids and drunk parents. One parent left their kid in my lobby to go shopping and told him, 'The lady at the desk will watch you.' We only found out when we asked him about two hours after she had left."
- "We used to have a guest who was a traveling tattoo artist. She would take our towels to her tattoo jobs and return them covered in blood and ink. According to the hotel's policy, we had to just bleach towels and reuse them, even if they were stained with bodily fluids."
- "Someone literally stole just one of the two nightstands in the room. We still have no idea how they managed to do it."
- "I worked at a local hotel for a good eight months, primarily in housekeeping. I once went in a room to strip the beds and gather the towels and found used condoms everywhere —literally.There were three in one of the beds, one in the ice bucket, and even one in the ceiling."