You might not be aware of it, but Daniel Craig insists on doing as many stunts as the insurance company will let him get away with while he’s suiting up as “James Bond.” It turns out that jumping out of a three-story window and on to a moving bus can lead to an injury from time-to-time. Here’s a list of injuries Craig’s sustained will being Bond.
- He knocked out two of his front teeth while shooting a fight scene with “minor actors” in Prague – complete with blood seeping out between his fingers when he covered his mouth. A dentist was flown in, the teeth were replaced, and he wore a protective mouthguard for fights from then on.
“Quantum of Solace”
- He “aggravated” an old shoulder injury and separated it, requiring surgery.
- Craig sliced the end off one of his fingers. He says it wasn’t “as bad as all that,” though. He’d just lost “the pad” and had to have it cauterized at a hospital.
- While shooting a fight scene at Pinewood Studios in London, Craig sprained his knee and shooting had to be delayed for a few days.
- While shooting the new Bond flick, Craig slipped and fell while sprinting and messed up his ankle enough to be flown to the U.S. for x-rays. Supposedly, filming has been halted while he gets checked out.