The story of how you got engaged will be one you tell over and over again, so you want it to be a good one. And while there’s no wrong way to propose, some locations make the perfect backdrop for getting down on one knee because they’re beautiful and picturesque. Dating site Elite Singles recently surveyed 1,600 users to come up with this list of the most romantic places in the world to propose in 2019 and here are the top 10:
- Venice, Italy- It’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world and who could say no when the question is popped on one of those canals.
- Paris, France- When you think of romantic cities, Paris tops the list, so of course it’s one of the best proposal spots in the world.
- Hawaii, USA- It’s hard to beat those sunsets on the beach.
- The Bahamas- With pink sand beaches and the chance to swim with piglets in some of the bluest water around, no wonder people want to propose here.
- Vanua Levu, Fiji- If you and bae are into snorkeling, waterfalls, and endless beaches, this could be the place you want to get engaged.
- At home- Not everyone is into traveling or over-the-top public proposals, and for them, home may be the most romantic spot in the world.
- Bali, Indonesia- Here you can check out a coral reef, visit temples, relax in a hot spring and it’s also a beautiful place to pop the question.
- New York City, USA- There are endless places to get engaged in the city that never sleeps and lots of them come with an epic view!
- Niagara Falls, North America- Head upstate New York for scenic proposal spots around the famous waterfalls.
- Sydney, Australia- From Bondi Beach to the Sydney Harbour Bridge, there are plenty of romantic places to pop the question in Sydney.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images