WEIRD: Lighter Removed From Man’s Stomach After Years In There

Doctors in China say they removed a lighter from a man's stomach after 20 years.

A video recorded at a hospital in Chengdu City shows a camera entering the man's stomach to find the metal lighter. The man told doctors he accidentally swallowed it 20 years ago, but he didn't go to the doctor until recently when he started having stomach aches and other medical problems. Doctors had to conduct two surgeries to remove the lighter, since the first attempt didn’t work. Luckily operation number two only took 10 minutes.

This isn’t the first time a man has had a lighter removed from their stomach. Last year a Florida man went through the same surgery.

One question: exactly how and why do you swallow a lighter?

Source: UPI



Content Goes Here