Want to know what guys are looking for in a girlfriend? “Ask Men” reveals what guys really want in a significant other for a lasting relationship.
- She’s independent - No one wants to feel like a babysitter, so they want a partner who can function just fine on her own.
- She’s intelligent - Guys like a woman who meets them at an intellectual level, who can keep them on their toes.
- They’re sexually compatible - It’s important to men that both partners feel an undeniable attraction for each other at the beginning and can communicate their desires, and want to please each other in bed.
- He’s attracted to her - Well this one just seems obvious.
- She respects them - Guys want a girlfriend who respects them and makes an effort to see things from their point of view. And they have to respect her, too.
- She lets them be a man - Fellas want a partner who lets them be them and doesn’t deprive them of manly things they like to do, like poker night. Or making a decision.
- She doesn’t nag without a good reason - A great girlfriend knows nagging never convinced any guy to change his behavior, so she doesn’t bother and chooses her battles wisely.
- She gets along with his family and friends - Men want a girlfriend who won’t make his friends roll their eyes when he mentions she’s joining them for the night. And one who gets along with his family and helps out at Thanksgiving dinner.
- She loves him - Guys know that when they find a woman who loves him for who he really is, she’s worth hanging on to.
- She makes him want to be a better man - Yeah, it’s a cliché, but it’s still true.
- She pays every once in awhile - C'mon girls don't be cheap! He doesn't have to pay every time you go out! He'll know you appreciate him paying for dates if you buy every once in a while!
Source: Ask Men