Sir Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band are heading out on a U.S. tour. The newly knighted Beatle has announced he and the band are heading to 20 cities across the country beginning in Tulsa, Oklahoma and wrapping at LA’s Greek Theatre.
Will Ringo be stopping in Pittsburgh. Why...Yes he is! According to his website the date is Sept 19 at Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts.
“There is no greater joy for me than playing great music with great musicians,” Ringo says. “Every night we get to play for all those loving people and it makes the hassle of touring worth it. It is a Peace & Love fest and I can’t wait to see you all out there this summer and fall.”
As usual, the All Starr band has rotated out its members. This year’s lineup includes Colin Hay (Men at Work), Steve Lukather (Toto), Gregg Rolie (Santana, Journey), Warren Ham (Toto), Gregg Bissonette (Toto, Santana) and new recruit Graham Gouldman of 10cc. The set list will include hits from each member’s respective band repertoire. Check out the first few dates below and the rest here.
- September 1st: Tulsa, OK - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- September 2nd: Rogers, AR - Walmart Arkansas Music Pavilion
- September 3rd: Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre
- September 5th: Ames, IA - Iowa State Center
- September 7th: St. Louis, MO - Fox Theatre
- September 8th: Milwaukee, WI - TBA
- September 9th: South Bend, IN - Morris Performing Arts Center
- September 11th: Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion
- September 13th: New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall
- September 14th: Saratoga, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Sept 15 The Toyota Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, CT
- Sept 17 Bosch Center Wang Theatre, Boston, MA
- Sept 19 Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts, Pittsburgh, PA
Source: Ringo Starr