Since everything worth watching for 2017 has been released, film fans have no choice but to now look towards 2018 to see what’s on the horizon. Here’s a look at some of the more notable offerings the new year will have to offer.
- Ready Player One (March 30th) – This Steven Spielberg creation looks primed to be the first blockbuster of the year.
- Oceans 8 (Febrary 20th) - It’s a prequel rather than a remake, and the cast is solid – hopefully the script will be worth of the talent involved.
- Tomb Raider (March 16th) – Lara Croft’s boots are now being filled by Alicia Vikander and expectations are high.
- Deadpool 2 (June 1st) – Ryan Reynolds knows exactly where his bread’s buttered with this franchise, and hopefully he can live up to the hype.
- Black Panther (February 16th) – This one should expand the Marvel Universe even further.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22nd) – Seeing Jeff Goldblum in the cast makes any right-thinking movie fan more than a little excited for the potential of this one.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th) – Having Ron Howard at the helm’s almost enough to get us past all the reported production issues. Why it’s not coming out on May the 4th is beyond us.
- Aquaman (December 21st) – “Justice League” didn’t offer up too many details on the water dude, but a Christmas release means that hopes are high.
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix (November 2nd) – This one takes place after “Apocalypse”, and we can only hope the Phoenix saga’s treated right.
- Mission Impossible 6 (July 27th) – This series has been as reliable as they come, so this one should be right up there.
- The Predator (August 3rd) – Olivia Munn and Yvonne Strahovinski team up to be the hunters, and the hunted, in this dreadlocked alien remake.
- Avengers: Infinity War (May 4th) – Has the greatest odds and all the makings of being the year’s biggest money maker.