Recently we gave you the scoop on the Doobie Brothers’ country collaboration album, as well as the participants involved. Now the group has unveiled the track listing and cover art for "Southbound" online through "Rolling Stone Country."
The 12-song compilation includes new versions of Doobies' hits recorded with different country stars. Zac Brown Band is featured on "Black Water":
Chris Young adds his voice to "China Grove." Toby Keith joins the group on "Long Train Runnin'." Blake Shelton sings and Hunter Hayes plays guitar on "Listen To The Music," and Sara Evans chimes in on "What a Fool Believes." Brad Paisley, Jerrod Niemann, and Vince Gill are some of the other stars contributing to the project.
The Doobies' Tom Johnston says a country collaboration album isn't really much of a stretch and says country music has "has changed since the days of Hank Williams," and has "taken on a rock tinge." "It's taken on a rock tinge. Johnston explains. "Truthfully, the traditional style of rock & roll has kind of gone away. No one is representing it the way it used to be represented. Country music has sort of picked up the slack. That's why those artists are huge right now."
The Doobie Brothers' "Southbound" will be released November 4th. Here's a look at the track listing:
- "Black Water" with Zac Brown Band
- "China Grove" with Chris Young
- "Jesus Is Just Alright" with Casey James
- "Listen to the Music" with Blake Shelton and Hunter Hayes on guitar
- "Long Train Runnin'" with Toby Keith
- "Nobody" with Charlie Worsham
- "Rockin' Down the Highway" with Brad Paisley
- "South City Midnight Lady" with Jerrod Niemann
- "Take Me in Your Arms (Rock Me a Little While)" with Tyler Farr
- "Takin' It to the Streets" with Love and Theft
- "What a Fool Believes" with Sara Evans
- "You Belong to Me" with Amanda Sudano Ramirez of Johnnyswim, and Vince Gill on guitar
Source: Rolling Stone Country