Aretha Franklin has picked up the curtain and given Billboard the scoop on her upcoming covers album.
Saying she's "more than happy" about the project, the Queen of Soul says executive producer Clive Davis picked the songs -- subject to her approval.
And she's spilled the beans on five of them:
- Barbra Streisand's "People"
- Donna Summer's "Last Dance"
- Gladys Knight's "Midnight Train to Georgia"
- Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do With It"
- Adele's "Rolling in the Deep"
Franklin says she loves the originals of those songs, but "people are different, you know? What they did is not what I'm going to do, and what I'm gonna do is not what they did. That's just what makes it different. You won't be disappointed; we're going to give you exactly what you're expecting and what you're not expecting."